William Shakespeare Was Onto Something Big

 "I manage the job by pretending I’m an actor playing a lawyer. It is even sillier than it sounds, but I’ve had really good results over the years. When I put my 'lawyer hat' on, I’m fully engrossed in the character, their motivations, desires, the highs of victory and the lows of defeat." Fishbowl January 8, 2024

This is a way to get beyond imposter syndrome. 

It also has provided me a template for managing difficult professional situations. For instance, where there are challenging interactions I take on the persona of Brad Karp. As head of law firm Paul, Weiss his signature is charm and calm. I ask myself: What would Brad Karp do in this context? Never have I  lost a client when I leverage Karpenism.

In most cases you have only one shot in communications. Jane Genova is a communications coach and content-creator. Complimentary consultation (please text 203-468-8579 or email janegenova374@gmail.com)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harvard/Columbia Law Students Made Their Point, Davis Polk Rescinds Their Jobs

The Two Letters - Being from Ethiopia Doesn't Get Melat Kiros Off the Hook from Understanding the Implicit Employer-Employee Contract in America

From Watergate Glam to Offering Buyouts to Reduce Manpower By 240: The Washington Post